Eligibility criteria for Membership of the Sri Lanka Dental Association
- A Dental Practitioner registered under section 43 of the Medical Ordinance at Sri Lanka Medical Council (SLMC) is eligible for membership of Sri Lanka Dental Association (SLDA).
- Acceptance of your Membership will be notified to you, at the council meeting, following submission of your application and payment of membership fees.
- An Ordinary Member should pay the annual membership fees before 31st of December each year to continue Membership without loss of seniority.
SLDA Library Membership
- Library Member is entitled to borrow three journals at any one time from the Lending Section of the Library.
- Journals less than three months old from the date of issue are only for reference.
- Items borrowed should be returned within 3 weeks’ time or extended by a letter, fax, email or telephone call at least 3 working days before due date.
- However, if any other Member has requested for that item and is on the waiting list, extension will not be granted.
- Any item not returned in time is liable for a fine of Rs. 5/- per item per day. Please obtain a receipt from office Assistant if you happen to pay a fine.
- Kindly see that you don’t cause any damage to the items borrowed or tear pages from it.
SLDA Identity Card
- Only a Life Member is eligible to apply for SLDA Identity Card.
Membership Type and Fees
- Ordinary Member* Rs. 500/- (Per calendar year)
- Life Member Rs. 4,500/- (Rs. 500/-+Rs 4,000/-)
- Library Membership Rs. 500/- (Refundable)
- SLDA Identity Card Rs. 500/- (Only Life Members are entitled)